Saturday, April 29, 2006

End of the Month

Looks like I made about a 5% investment return for April. Most of the move was due to the strong rally in the Australian Dollar. The core investment gain - not counting exchange rate movements - was pretty small.

Last month, by contrast, the move in the Aussie was negative and wiped out most of my core investment gains.

Net worth increased by almost $20,000. One of my highest monthly gains, but not unprecedented. I am about $10,000 ahead of the target I set for April based on my goal of increasing net worth by $100,000 in 2006.

Moominmama also saw strong gains due to the fall in the US Dollar.

There doesn't seem to be much awareness of the collapse in the US Dollar in the media.

In the coming days I will post the final results for April.

No comments: