Sunday, September 03, 2006

August Report

August was another good month. Net worth increased by $14,000 to $330k, investment return was 3.61%, and total investment income $11380. Expenditure was $2062. I have now increased net worth by $60k year to date. So there is still $40k to go or $10000 per month to reach my goal of increasing net worth by $100k for the year. If I keep up the pace of the last two months I will be able to achieve it. The best investment performers in terms of dollars earned were: QQQQ $4712, Colonial First State Conservative Fund $A2731, and Challenger Infrastructure Fund $A1587. As something like one third of my net worth is in the QQQQ position and more than half in the CFS Conservative Fund those rankings aren't too surprising :).

My return on equity on my trading account was a little more than 15% - slightly more than in July. The goal is therefore to earn trading income of $5400 in September (15% more). My eventual goal is to earn at least as much from trading as from my salary ($6250 per month). So I am not too far from that as things are going now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the net worth movement moving up, up, and further up! I'm inspired by your blog and your goals. Thanks for taking the time to check mine out and commenting. I'll keep reading!