Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Token Arrives

The "token" arrived from Commonwealth Bank in a bright yellow box with real Australian stamps stuck to it. Inside is this tiny electronic device:



Very cute. I registered it and shifted money to my account from a money market account in Aus ready for the actual transfer to the US. Everyone seems convinced the USD is going down - including a colleague who teaches international economics that we went to dinner with together with a bunch of students from her class yesterday - so a contrarian move seems to be the right thing to do. Anyway, I'm only moving my dividends and distributions back to the US at this point. Not a huge amount of money. Snork Maiden was here to give a presentation in the class yesterday that was like a mini-preliminary-job-interview. But there isn't a position here for her at the moment. Today maybe we will hear if she got offered the job in Europe. In the meantime she got a phone interview lined up in Aus for a couple of weeks time.

2 comments:

enoughwealth@yahoo.com said...

It looks just like the one I got for my HSBC account - they are cute. I just wonder how many years the battery will last...

mOOm said...

CBA say five years in the accompanying info. My Mom has one for her UBS account but I think it is much bigger.