Friday, June 29, 2007

Flight Booked

First day back home a lot got done, culminating in booking our flights to Australia for mid-September. We got a very good price via a website Snork Maiden told me about: kayak.com which searches over other travel websites and directed us to a deal at airfare.com. We'll fly out of our respective locations in the NorthEast and meet up in Chicago. Long wait in Chicago and then fly together to San Francisco, a plane change, and then to Sydney. All on United Airlines. From Sydney we fly on Qantas to Canberra. The price: $1146.

I'm still waiting to hear from my employer about whether I can officially quit in September or must officially quit June 30! HR is consulting their lawyer. This is typical. Didn't sleep much last night. I know intellectually that this is the right move for us (just need to think of being here on my own for another winter), but emotionally it still feels pretty scary.

No comments: