Friday, June 15, 2007

On the Road

I'm in Massachusetts now travelling with Snork Maiden and my brother who is visiting for just over a week. His first time in America (and he's never been in Australia either despite being an Australian citizen - just to confuse things :)). The trip has been a lot of fun. He arrived Sunday night and we did a crazy trip to NYC and back in a day on Tuesday (cost around $500 all in). Today we will be exploring Cambridge and Boston. In between we have visted more natural and rural places done a lot of talking and eating :) and stuff. On Monday I met with my chairman. We discussed the options regarding timing etc. for the move. One is for me to quit right now. The other is to teach in the Fall on condition that they pay me a sabbatical (half pay) in the Spring Semester. I'd still need to take time out in the Fall to travel with SM to Aus. The Dean has now scheduled an "exit interview" with me for Tuesday. So we'll need to travel back to my hometown rather than SM's after Boston as originally was planned. I'm not trading this week apart from buying 4000 shares in PMC.AX @ $A2.02. My model for that stock told me to buy. The model combines time series analysis and a valuation model based on the NAV of the fund.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Moom, looking up time series analysis now - interesting but looks quite complex. Stochastic on this stock hit rock bottom last few days. I assume this will be a long term position. It may not snow in Canberra, but Winter is certainly chilly.

mOOm said...

Hi ASX stocks - my edge is in applying time series methods in very unusual ways to the stock market. Doing the most simple and obvious things won't work. So there is a huge learning curve involved. Everyone needs to find what their edge is. Canberra is a little cold in winter but compared to here the worst is like late October (Autumn) here (upstate NY).