Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wall Street

I wanted to post a blogpost from Wall Street, but Starbucks was too busy. I am at least writing this one at the intersecton of Wall and Broad in front of Federal Hall and the NYSE (It was posted from a Starbucks by City Hall). I could find any password free network in the area. The NYSE has a really lame ticker in one corner with share prices going by, but no indices and no changes in share prices, so I couldn't even tell you whether the market was up or down (IYR is at 77.89 and BRK/B also looks down - so I guess the market is down - which is what the model was forecasting). The limits to technology even now are interesting. Main impression this morning coming into the WTC PATH station from NJ was the international mix of the crowds streaming off the trains. - mostly South and East Asia and all very young. Noticed a couple of Halal food carts on Wall Street. Anyway, to add some fun, I snapped some random snapshots on my laptop (it's a MacBook Pro with a built in camera), which is a little tricky. In the first one you can see the ticker I was talking about - the blue letters in a narrow ticker thingy.





PS there are a couple of police with machine guns stationed a few feet to my right. Tourist are taking photos of their kids with them...

No comments: