Monday, March 27, 2023

Yield Curve Trade

 I entered a new yield curve trade - betting on a reduction in the inversion:

This executed by buying a spread that is long two year treasuries futures and short ten year treasuries futures. If we have a repeat of the late 1970s and early 1980s it will lose but inflation was much higher than now then. Last time I tried this in late 2019 to early 2020 I lost about USD 1,500. I was right but too early.

31 March

The trade went badly right from the start and it started making me more and more anxious. I didn't sleep last night and couldn't get to sleep tonight, so I closed the trade. But I still can't sleep yet. So, thought writing this update might help. I would have thought that I had learnt my lesson that I can't cope with overnight futures trades where I could decide to change the trade. It's just not something I can do. I had planned to do some more work on trading in the next few months, but now think I shouldn't do it.

No comments: