Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Reality Check

At this point there doesn't look like any way I am going to meet my original goal of getting to $370,000 by the end of this year. So I am lowering the goal to $350,000. That would still be a 30% gain in net worth and more than my minimal goal of a $50,000 gain. The same growth rate implies goals of $450k for 2007, $575k for 2008, $775k for 2009, and $1M for the end of 2010. These are still very steep goals. But they are something to aim for that is not totally unrealistic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No recent posts. How is your futures trading coming? Did you meet your 2007 goal?

mOOm said...

I don't know what you mean, because I'm posting most days recently. Have a look at the site. We didn't quite make the 2007 goal. Trading was good in the first half of 2007 but not in the second half. I am now trying to make the switch to pure daytrading during daytime hours in Australia. In the near future this will be in simulation mode only until I establish profitability. I found it difficult trade my model systematically from a psychological point of view and found that much of the time it messed up with taking the best daytrades if I had the model direction too much in mind. So I am attempting a fresh start. If successful I may add overnight system trading back at a later stage. We will see.