Sunday, October 01, 2006

Provisional Report for September

Not a good month, but not a terrible one either. The model gained 6.23% compared to an NDX gain of 4.71% but my trading accounts lost 3.94%. Overall my portfolio looks like it lost 1.5% while the MSCI is up 1% and net worth is down about $1000. But this is partly due to the fall in the Australian Dollar. Preliminary net worth seems to be up around $A8000. More detailed results will come in a few days time.

For Monday, even if prices are level with Friday's close the stochastic will fall below its three day moving average and below the critical 80 level. So unless some very good news can give the market a boost, expect prices to fall. In simulations I have run with my older "autoregressive model" there is pretty much limitless downside with no support if a major downmove gets underway. This doesn't mean it will but technical indications from E-Wave to the McClellan Oscillator are weak and mean that the probability of a downmove is much higher than that of a continued rally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Moom,
Thanks for sharing your brother's artwork with me! I apologize its taken so long to get back to you, I wanted to write a personal email but can't find your address ?? Anyway, I think his work is very nice and if he plans to pursue selling it I'd recommend you tell him about or give him the books I recommend on the subject under the "About" tab. Thanks for reading my blog! M.A.

mOOm said...

Thanks - I sent a recommendation for the survive and prosper as an artist book to my brother. He is a programmer and is trained as a civil engineer but still should be useful for learning about marketing art.