Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Research Proposal Approved

I just heard that my research proposal was approved. We haven't got any details yet but we proposed that I work on the project for one year at either 3 or 4 days a week - i.e. I will get paid the same as a post-doc (about $A61k per year) but have a more senior position - "Fellow" - equivalent to a senior lecturer in the Australian system or an Associate Professor in the U.S.

On Thursday I have my long-delayed preliminary interview for the continuing position as senior lecturer.

5 comments:

Rafi (S) said...

Good news. Good luck with the interview. Will you be wearing a suit in the end?

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Caren.

I find your site http://moominhouse.blogspot.com/ and the selection of resources there very interesting.
I have a good credit card website that contains much useful information for your readers. There's a fine set of articles that reveal all pros and cons of credit cards, give tips how to avoid credit card debt and establish good credit with minimum efforts. During the current financial crisis this can't but attract more visitors to your site.

If it agrees with your policy, I would like to place some links to my website at your site.

Please let me know if you are interested via email caren@acclaimnetwork.com
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Caren.

mOOm said...

Rafi - he kept telling me how informal it is in his message on Monday and given it's going to be 33C (likely with thunderstorms) I'm in no mood for a suit or tie. I'll just dress smart - pretty much like at my wedding... This is academia not finance or sales or something as long as I look like I'm taking it seriously I should be OK I think. Now I can walk in there and tell them I just got a grant.

Revanche said...

Wonderful news, good luck and stay cool! (33 C plus thunderstorms = humid, right?)

mOOm said...

Thanks Revanche! It gets humid and cooler after the rain falls. It's a bit more humid on the days when thunderstorms occur (which is a good predictor) but not much more so.