Friday, April 26, 2024

Platinum Capital Announces Strategic Review

Platinum Capital is a closed end international hedge fund listed on the ASX, which I have invested in for a very long time. In the past, I gained by trading when the fund traded above or below net asset value. But since the pandemic started it seems to have been in a permanent slump. Currently, the share price is 25 cents below the NAV. The underlying performance of the fund has also been relatively poor for a long time. Now, Platinum has announced a strategic review that could include converting to an open ended fund. The latter would allow redemption at NAV. I support this idea. I might even buy more of the fund in anticipation.

P.S. 11:35am

The stock has jumped 7 cents on the news, but there is still 17 cents to go to reach the NAV, so I bought 25k shares in the SMSF.

No comments: