Saturday, September 05, 2020

Internal Rates of Return

I have now computed the internal rate of return for 66 investments including all current investments. I excluded all trading involving futures, shorting etc and all names held for less than a month. There are still around a hundred closed investments that need to still be evaluated. In the meantime, here are the results:

  • The top performer was held for under a year. Probably, I should drop everything held for less than a year...
  • At the bottom are two investments that went to zero. 
  • The median return is 6.25%, but most of our larger investments are above the median.
  • I bought shares in Colonial in the demutualization and then it was taken over by Commonwealth Bank. This was my best investment in terms of rate of return.
  • Pershing Square Holdings is looking very good at #3.
  • AAPT was an Australian telecom that did very well and was acquired by Telecom NZ. I think I bought that in an IPO too.
  • I only held Qualcom for a short time.
  • Rounding out the top 10 are five recent investments that are strong performers.
  • A lot of the entries in the right hand column are bonds.


No comments: