Thursday, February 03, 2022

How Has Our SMSF Done So Far?

 

We have been fully invested in the SMSF for 9 months now. It's more volatile than PSSAP – Moominmama's employer super fund and about as volatile as Unisuper – my employer super fund. It has higher mean returns than both of them so far: 1.32% per month vs. 0.30% for Unisuper and 0.81% for PSSAP. Unisuper's return has really been brought down by a more than 5% loss in January. By contrast, the SMSF lost 1.18% (preliminary) and PSSAP 1.52%. If I regress the SMSF returns on the Unisuper returns I get a beta of 0.34 and alpha of 16% p.a. Of course, these are really early days and I don't expect that to hold up. I will want to see a longer track record before considering rolling over any of our employer superannuation into the SMSF.

No comments: