Thursday, February 24, 2022

Good and Bad News: Masterworks Sells Doppelbild by Oehlen and Domacom Goes to Court with AustAgri

 


It's one of the paintings I invested in. The price uplift is 43%. They are claiming a 33% IRR after fees. My original investment was in early January 2021. US investors will receive payment in their "Masterworks Wallet". Don't know how foreign investors will be paid yet. I still have shares in 11 paintings I have invested in.

To counter this good news, Domacom (DCL.AX) announced today that AustAgri haven't onboarded Cedar Meats to the Domacom platform. Domacom is, therefore, demanding the AUD 8.5 million break fee, but AustAgri is disputing that they owe anything and it is going to court. This deal always sounded strange. If they have the funding to acquire Cedar Meats from other sources why would they need to pay fees to Domacom? I expect that Domacom will remain suspended from the ASX. I am pretty sceptical of recovering any of this investment at this point.

No comments: