Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Sold All My Shares in Platinum Capital

The company announced the result of its strategic review: They will merge the listed investment company PMC.AX and their ETF PIXX.AX. The price jumped on the news to the $1.45-1.46 range. This leaves about a 5% potential gain to the current NAV of PMC.AX. But we have to wait probably till the end of the year for the plan to come fruition, and if PMC.AX continues to underperform as it has recently, the NAV can fall. So, I sold all my shares today.

It was one of my oldest investments. I first invested in 2001 but sold during the dot.com crash. I then reinvested in 2005 and have held varying amounts of shares since then. The internal rate of return has been 12.02%, which was enhanced by trading the shares. Total profit AUD 100,530.



No comments: