Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Longwave Small Australian Companies

Recently, what used to be the First Sentier Developing Companies Fund became the Longwave Small Australian Companies Fund. In other words, First Sentier dropped managing the fund and transferred it to Longwave. I checked Longwave's track record and it wasn't that great. So, I decided to close our holdings of this fund. I withdrew part of Moominmama's holding to fund her concessional superannuation contribution for this financial year. Then I wanted to withdraw half of my holding and switch the rest to the FS Imputation Fund that does manage to beat its benchmark. 

As my holding of this fund is under my CommSec margin loan, I had to send the Colonial First State forms requesting the transaction to CommSec. Then CommSec sent me back their own withdrawal form, which was super unclear. Turns out that they have switched 50% of my Longwave holding to FS Imputation. But then instead of withdrawing the rest, they have withdrawn 50% of the rest! I can't be bothered to fill out another set of forms to submit right now as I don't need to withdraw the money...

No comments: