Sunday, June 11, 2006

Net Worth Update

After last week's "trauma" I did a thorough update of the results so far this month. Investment return is -2.67% but the MSCI World gross index is down 2.82%. So still beating the benchmark :P I guess reversion to mean. Lot of luck in this business. I just hope that each debacle I suffer in the markets makes me a better investor and trader. The data so far say yes. But it is a very slow process. I updated my net worth profile and it is down almost $8000 or 2.5%.

2 comments:

StealthBucks said...

Kind of hurts, doesn't it. I am down about the same. I am most likely going to buy some more large cap tech issues. EMC looks attractive at this price as well as good old IBM and I may even dabble at Dell. On the bright side, valuations look a lot more attractive at this point. If India goes down another 5% I may jump on that as well. I also note some young oil guy is pumping his stock on Networthiq. I guess free advice is often worth what you pay for it or less. If all you do is go down 3 to 7% when the U.S (noted not your benchmark) gets hit twice as hard; you are doing fine.

mOOm said...

Thanks - I think the short-term trend is up but not yet the time for long-term stock investments by any measure. I think this down is a shock due to reduction in liquidity by the world's central banks. The next down wave will occur if a recession is truly coming and earnings forecasts start to be downgraded.

Adding May and June together I am a little ahead which I guess is OK :)

That guy is pumping the stock of a firm he buys oil from.

It must be the sketchiest firm in existence:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ENDE.OB

Only 1% have worse corporate governance according to those guys. Only 3 full time employees and negative net worth. Stock is very highly volatile. So it is a bit like buying an OTM option.