Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Very Different Day

Today the stockmarket has been very volatile and in particular GOOG and the rest of the internet sector. I went into the day short GOOG and shorted more. Initially the stock went against me. But then it just collapsed - amazing to see. The CFO said something negative about growth. I didn't get the full down move. I bought to cover more than $10 from the bottom. Since then I have been doing a rapid succession of long and short trades and am up thousands of dollars on the day. Most daytrading days are not like this. This is very unusual! If I had been long it would have been disastrous - even with a stop in place it might take a while to fill while the stock was falling dollars per minute...

Most of my other positions are down so I am up about $2000 on my Ameritrade account at this point in the day...

It's the end of the month and in the next few days I will work out my accounts and investment performance for February. More on that then. Looks like I am now $24,000 towards this year's net worth goal.

No comments: