Wednesday, June 27, 2007

How Big a Tip Did the Personal Finance Bloggers Leave?

That will remain a secret (the bill was about $81) but there was no disagreement on that or how to split the bill :) Last night I met up with Frugal Zeitgeist, Madame X, and Millionaire Artist for the inaugural NYC PF Blogger Meetup at a bar near Union Square in Manhattan. All very nice and interesting people. We mainly talked about life plans, history, and experience as they relate to personal finance issues and the mechanics of blogging, the internet, how we got into blogging etc. It's always interesting to meet people you know a lot about but have never met or even seen (in pre-web days I often experienced this with academics whose work I had read but who I didn't even know what they looked like). No big surprises here but a little adjustment in how I'll picture my fellow bloggers reading them going forward. Hopefully, this first meetup will be the beginning of many future ones!

3 comments:

frugal zeitgeist said...

It was a very great pleasure meeting you in person. Give me a heads-up next time you're in the neighborhood.

Madame X said...

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Great meeting you and good luck in Oz!

mOOm said...

Thanks to both of you and Millionaire Artist for taking me up on my idea of the meetup. I'm sure there will be some reason to come to New York some time in the future though it might be a long time...