Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Still Trying to Transfer Shares

So, I have been trying to transfer our holdings of listed investment trusts from our SMSF's Interactive Brokers account to a new account I set up with Commonwealth Securities. I first sent the required form to Commonwealth Securities 6 weeks ago. After nothing happened for three weeks I emailed them again. They then sent me the next day a text message telling me to phone. They told me that I needed to change some details on the form. I sent a new form in. Again nothing. Yesterday, I again emailed them. Today, they again texted me and I phoned them. They said that Interactive Brokers were not accepting the transfer and I should initiate it at that broker instead. I have just done that. All online of course, no paper forms required. Let's see if it works. I don't want to have to sell and rebuy the shares again as there is a AUD 34k capital gain plus two sets of commissions and slippage. 

But this service from CommSec where they just forget about the request for 3 weeks until they are reminded again is really not good!

P.S. 6Apr22

Success! The shares have arrived at CommSec.

No comments: