Friday, July 29, 2022

How I Made AUD 2,900 Instantly

A couple of days ago, I went on the Domacom platform just to see if anything was new. I found an offer to sell about 10,000 units in a semi-rural property near Sydney for AUD 1.0156 placed on 30th May. But the property was revalued on 18th July by around 30%!. Almost instantly I bought the units. One downside is that I already own about AUD 10k of units in the neighboring property. Of course, I can't realize this profit, so it is just on paper. The market is very illiquid, which is why I managed to get this bargain in the first place. Both properties have a vote next March on whether to sell the properties and wind up the funds or whether to continue to hold. Recently, my first investment at Domacom held a vote and sold for a big profit.

 

To get the funds, I had to cancel my pledge to a campaign to buy rural property. My money has been tied up in the campaign for a year while they have made almost no progress on raising money. I think that in future I won't make pledges to campaigns and only engage in the secondary market. The additional advantage of that is that I avoid paying big fees for the purchase of the property and the often huge upfront cut (c. 10%) taken by the promoters of the campaign. It would be much better if they were paid by performance fees instead...

No comments: