Saturday, January 13, 2024

Bottom in Real Estate?

Fundrise have come out and said that they think the bottom is in in the commercial real estate market. Coincides with my assessment that maybe the bottom is close for a diversified portfolio. This graph shows monthly percentage returns of the TIAA Real Estate Fund and a twelve-month moving average:

So, I am switching some of my US 403b account back to the TIAA Real Estate Fund. My mistake in the last couple of years was not switching enough out of this fund to CREF Social Choice, though I did switch a lot. I was at 43% Real Estate, 57% Social Choice last month and now am at 70% Real Estate, 30% Social Choice. As a result of the switches I managed to roughly maintain the balance of the account in the last couple of years:


I was actively saving in this account up to June 2007, after which the trend is solely due to investment returns.

No comments: