Saturday, July 28, 2007

That Was a Bad Idea

It was a very bad idea to put so much reliance on an essentially untested or minimally tested model. The progress in winning back some profits in the last few days has been reversed. I have now done some more testing of this new idea and while the results are interesting it is far from a panacea. I don't understand why I trusted this model today to the point that I lost a pile of money in the final collapse of the market at the end of the day. Up to that point things were going well, but I was convinced the bounce should continue. And then I guess I froze in disbelief. Very bad behavior. The Australian Dollar has also been falling in the last couple of days. I now have a negative return overall for the month and not just for trading which was a given. The only consolation is I'm not doing as bad as the market is. It's been a good run in the last several months up till now.

No comments: