Wednesday, April 12, 2006

$300,000

Today I exceeded $300,000 in net worth for the first time. This is based on an update of all values yesterday and the change in exchange rates and my Ameritrade account today. The rise in the Australian Dollar and fall in the stockmarket pushed me over the line. A falling stockmarket has a positive effect on my short positions and put options. The beta of my portfolio is currently -0.35, which means that a 1% fall in the stock-market increases my net worth by 0.35% on average.

It took till November 2001 to reach the first $100,000. My net worth declined after that, though, to a low of $56,000 in September 2002 shortly after I moved back to the US. I again reached $100,000 in August 2003 and $200,000 in October 2004.

Let's see if I can stay in the new wealth bracket permanently!

1 comment:

StealthBucks said...

You also, razzed me a bit, with good humor on my net worth. Here's a bit of very mild advice as you work on that whole marriage thing. At our age go get one who has their financial house in order. Mine brought a good chunk to the party, much to my delight. We are in balance on financial issues and it makes our life with two very little kids a lot easier that we sync up this way.