Friday, November 03, 2006

Want to Be a Millionaire? Pick Your Currency :)

I forgot to mention this, but October saw me exceed 1/3 million Dollars for the first time. US Dollars that is. I reached 1/3 million Australian Dollars in July 2005. In many currencies I am already a millionaire. All you need to do is pick your currency and you too can be a millionaire. The Pacific Exchange Rate Service Website has lots of nice resources about exchange rates that I often refer to. Most recently I became a Zloty (Polish) millionaire :) Everyone with positive net worth can be an Indonesian or Vietnamese millionaire...

5 comments:

StealthBucks said...

Congrats on the 1/3 a mil. I also have the chart I mentioned. Could not locate it online so I will try and get it scanned to my blog. The chart shows only a mild trend to growth; not severe thus I haven't really built up a lot of Big Cap growth yet. I won't get this chart up until later next week. On my way to Virginia (close to W. VA. but not really... Keep up the good trades... By the way, I had a lot of EPP (which is heavily weighted to OZ but have sold it all out) I am worried about Australia Equity exposure to commodities.

Adventures In Money Making said...

ahem, i became an Iraqi millionaire 2 years ago!

mOOm said...

Yet another ETF I hadn't heard about! The next NQ trade resulted in a loss unfortunately. Hard to get any traction here... I now put on my first currency trade. Went long an AUD contract this morning after the USD rose on the economic reports released this morning.

Unknown said...

Hi,

We have a lot of military members stationed overseas and could probably make money doing currency investing. I created a blog to help military members with their finances. Let me know if you would like to exchange links. Thanks.

Branodn J
http://moneyformilitary.blogspot.com or e-mail me at bjone6@gmail.com

mOOm said...

It's also very easy to lose money in foreign currency. I'm only looking at hedging rather than outright speculation. For those stationed in relatively stable places like Korea or Germany could make sense for them to think whether they want to save in US Dollars or local currency.