Monday, May 07, 2007

Google Earth's Latest Cool Feature



As I mentioned that I was obsessed with Google Earth, I have to share with you the latest cool feature I discovered. Many of the buildings in southern Manhattan are now full color 3-D models! Previously all buildings had blank grey realistic shapes in that area and in several other US cities. Only the area south of Central Park and some parts of Jersey City and Brooklyn are modeled in 3-D New York. But this shows the potential and where this kind of virtual Earth technology will go eventually. Google is on my watchlist of stocks to buy for long-term investment on a pullback. I've made some money trading it in the past. Right now, though, the chart appears to be heading down:

4 comments:

Adventures In Money Making said...

if its not too much trouble, can you add a link next time you post a chart.

its kinda small and difficult to read.

mOOm said...

The problem with a link is that the chart keeps changing. Maybe I'll add a link as well as the chart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=GOOG&p=W&b=3&g=0&id=p35844332763

fin_indie said...

Seems to me that Goog is just marking time right now. It's been in a range for a while and I don't see any huge catalyst on the horizon yet. If it heads down to that 440 level and holds, I think that would be a great time to pick it up. Until then, this baby is range-bound.

mOOm said...

GOOG has been trailing the NASDAQ 100 index since the beginning of 2006:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=GOOG:QQQQ&p=W&b=3&g=0&id=p45141939051