Sunday, June 26, 2011

North Korea, Not Really



Been trying to book a trip to visit the DMZ/JSA while I'm in Korea. I was too late for the USO tour. So now I'm trying with this operator. Chris Guillebeau says he can claim to have been in North Korea because he visited the JSA, so I think I will too :) He will try to visit North Korea for real later in his attempt to visit all countries in the world before his 35th birthday. But if he doesn't manage that he'll count this trip. I could claim I've been to Egypt (I was in an Israeli controlled area that is no longer controlled by Israel), Palestine (ditto, but then Palestine probably isn't on Chris' list either as it is not a UN recognised state), Syria (still under Israeli control)... *

Anyway, I have just been invited to a very real country I haven't been to - India - but don't know if I'll go, given my heavy travel schedule already.

Monday, I have another job interview. My chances are very high, but I could still blow it.

* My real list of countries so far: Canada, USA, Mexico, Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican (that's a stretch as a real country), Austria, Hungary (only at the airport), Tunisia, Greece, Israel, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, China, and Hong Kong (is that really a country too?).

No comments: