Friday, September 30, 2022

More Saving

This blog hasn't really been about saving money in terms of spending less. But facing a year with negative returns and maybe even a fall in net worth in the end, I have focused on cutting expenditure and costs. By switching our car insurance from a comprehensive policy to a third party property damage policy I saved about AUD 400 a year. A reduction from about AUD 675 to AUD 175. The insurance company only values our car at AUD 2,300 and the excess is AUD 695. So, it just didn't make sense to me to insure the car itself. On the new policy we can still get a payout if our car is damaged in an accident by an uninsured driver. 

 

Recently we also called a plumber to look at all the faulty taps in the house. They can't repair taps with ceramic disks and so I decided to just replace all the 7 sets of taps in the house. The plumber told me that I can save money by going buying the taps myself and then getting them to install them. Saving is about $500. So, today we went to a bathroom/plumbing store and selected and ordered taps.

I wonder what Ramit would think about all this?

No comments: