Wednesday, May 03, 2006

April Report

After a bit of a run around I bought a new firewire cable and got into the portable hard drive with my most uptodate accounts on it. Of course, I immediately backed up the disk. I use an Iomega hard drive which I switch between the various desktop and laptop computers I am use as my primary data store. The last cable only lasted 2 weeks! That cable was from our campus computer store where the same brand of cables are selling for less than half the price CompUSA are charging, but it's no good if they keep failing. Strange :o

Anyway, my investment performance for April was a 4.49% gain in US Dollar terms. All of it and more is due to the gain in the Australian Dollar. The core rate of return at constant exchange rates was negative. Net worth increased by $17452 to $312,069. Net worth in Australian Dollars declined. Expenditure for the month was $1925. It's all detailed in this spreadsheet:



Investment return year todate is 7.45% and for the last 12 months 20.12%. The MSCI Gross World Index is up 3.09%, 10.01%, and 24.91% respectively. I am about a month ahead of my net worth goal for this point in the year.

Returns so far in May are already 2%.

No comments: