Monday, May 22, 2006

NetWorthIQ Top Ten List

I just entered the NetWorthIQ Top Ten List. Cool :) Probably it's because I am the top of the most active user list. Just got back from a roadtrip to Charlottesville, Virginia and back. Was a lot of fun and we had many memorable experiences. That included crashing the car into the grassy median of a highway resulting in $1000 in repairs which we did in various places en route. We also had to stay in New York City for an extra day and had to rejig the trip plan. Will soon get up to speed on the financial situation - there will be some goods (US tech stocks fell) and some bads (Aussie Dollar and gold fell, News Corporation shares rose). Seems that overall I am down several thousand from where I was before the trip. Investment performance for the month is a positive 0.45% gain versus a 3.45% loss for the MSCI index. Year to date I am up 7.94% vs. 6.22% for the MSCI. Over the last 12 months I am up about the same as the MSCI at 18.78% vs. 18.4%. Only a couple of weeks ago I was lagging seriously behind the MSCI over each of these time horizons. My assessment of sentiment from various sources is that on the whole investors remain mostly bullish. This probably means that the selling of stocks has not ended yet.

No comments: