Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Global Markets Update

Here is Bill Gross' latest commentary. The last days and weeks have seen rapid movements in exchange rates, interest rates, stock prices, commodity prices etc. Volatility is increasing. Having some computer problems and so haven't yet produced final April numbers. Yesterday, the first day of May, though, was extremely good for me, especially in the US Markets. Stocks fell sharply, especially after Maria Bartiromo said that Ben Bernanke had told her he was misunderstood. Didn't do any good for my bonds of course (and the US Dollar reversed course and went up - though it's down again this morning). In the morning I covered 20 shares of my GOOG position and then in the afternoon started a short position in AAPL. Google went under 400 - Apple fell too - but would have been better to keep all 120 shares short of GOOG I had in the morning! Am also short (and have puts on) QQQQ. So that helped too.

No comments: