Friday, April 20, 2007

Trading Update

In the last couple of days I've wanted to place trades but just can't do it. Partly due to being up and then back to zero for April - while the model is doing well - and partly because I am very busy and will be nervous if I can't monitor the trades more. So maybe I'll take a break from trading pretty much till the end of April and then after things quieten down a bit (I hope) get back into it. My investment portfolio has a relatively low beta and so shouldn't be hard hit if there is a market decline. The rise in the Australian Dollar means I'm up a lot in US Dollar terms at this point in the month. It is hard being a serious part time trader if you aren't in charge of scheduling your other activities.

P.S. 5:16PM

I did do a trade in the end. Trading Google after its earnings announcement. Held 100 shares for 3 minutes and made $878. So maybe this trading month will be a small positive after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

moom.

i really hate this bullshit word verification because you write a full comment then you didn't capitalize or lowercase a letter and it deletes everything you just wrote needless to say i'm pissed at the moment.

i was just going to say the FLIP is very interesting and I wonder how soon more then 1 analyst will cover it. because right now it isn't very covered and i'm sure until it is or with a buyback the stock price probably will keep on a downtrend..

cheers on your 3 minute trade.

the money diva said...

m00m,
There is an obsessive thoughts thread travelling around to different bloggers right now and I have tagged you. It is up to you whether you want to participate.

Here is a link to my post.

Cheers!

MD