Thursday, April 26, 2007

Paid Off Balance Transfer

I paid off my balance transfer on my Amazon.com Chase credit card. I've had a balance transfer for the last couple of years and have been rotating it around my cards. It's relatively cheap finance but I've decided I've had enough of messing around with it and I won't be doing any more balance transfers in the near future. It only amounted to about 1.5% of net worth at this point.

In other news, our lawyer phoned my brother to tell him our second property in eastern Germany sold and we should have our share of the money in the near future. Near future in legalspeak can be a near eternity :) When it's done it will finally close the lid on this saga that has been ongoing since 1995 and in the broader time scale a last vestige of our family's history in Germany. This property will be redeveloped, other buildings and family graves still stand, but we won't own anything in Germany anymore. In fact, we don't already except some money in a German government account.

No comments: