Monday, June 08, 2009

CommSec Special Offer

Commonwealth Securities are offering up to $A500 of free buy trades on a CommSec margin loan if you make the purchases before 30th June. The offer is a little odd, in that you won't be reimbursed until August. I only found out by reading the letter they sent me announcing the new portfolio LVR. As I already knew about portfolio LVR, I'd ignored the letter until today. Seems that the offer applies to existing loans as well as new ones.

I'm having a hard time reconciling my accounts this month and have put them aside for the moment. I can't figure what is wrong but a residual amount (the difference between two ways of computing investment profit), which should equal net interest and other investment fees for the month is out by more than a thousand dollars. There are a couple of other discrepancies. I'll come back to it sometime and report then.

No comments: