Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Clearing Up

Today I did a final clear-up at my old office - erasing all my files off the computer, taking a bunch of files that were still there home, and handing in my keys. They already had the name of the visiting professor who will be teaching in my place on the door, but no sign of him. He got his PhD in our department a few years ago and has been teaching temporarily at various colleges and apparently doing some journalism too. I also helped a faculty member understand a bit about how to maintain our online working paper series which I was in charge of. He's not too computer savvy (in his 60s) but with some help I think he can get on top of it and learn some stuff about servers, using Acrobat, and editing webpages.

Today, exactly 17 years ago, I first came to the United States. Now I am in the process of leaving again (for the third time). I know it is a cliché, but it is amazing how time flies.

No comments: