Friday, August 24, 2007

Closed my Chase/Amazon Credit Card

I hadn't used it at all for a while and think a credit line on my remaining US credit card accounts of $10,500 is perfectly adequate. So why not just leave it open? Well they keep sending bills, many of which include convenience checks which I carefully cut up and throw away. I don't want those to get in the wrong hands. There was no option online to redirect mail to Australia. And what would I want that stuff for in Aus anyway? I might go through all my store cards I've collected and cancel those too. Once I got through the touchtone options it was all over at Chase in a minute. Very painless. I'll still have HSBC and Citibank credit cards.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

It's probably safer to cancel a card that keeps sending convenience checks. I continue to try to stop my credit cards from sending them...however, I haven't been successful yet!